Toyota Delays Models Due to Quality Problems
With the recent plethora of news about quality problems and recalls that have been coming in from Toyota, here’s another one: they are slowing down development of upcoming models, in hopes that they can eliminate any possible problems.
This news comes in the middle of long list of bad news, including:
- Numerous steering-failure recalls
- Sienna liftgates that fall onto people
- Complaints about fit & finish on new Avalons and Camrys
- A scandal about them possibly hiding defects and recalls from the public
- A scandal involving sexual harassment
Of course, they reassure us that quality is still their top priority and that they will make sure tha there is no repeat of this recent flood of quality problems. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.